The right foundation for your hormones
Getting your hormones to work correctly keep you balances and happy might be easier than your think!
Make the right lifestyle choices, look at your habits in a holistic ways and you will realise you have very solid foundation.
As already seen when discussing about the gut, lifestyle choices pla a huge difference to our overall health. And it could not be any different for our hormones. The below are in a prioritized order.
- Stress: Chronic stress is all-around bad news for hormonal balance. Meditate, take long walks, relax and spend time with your loved ones can all help de-stress you.
- Sleep: Your body recovers and replenishes important hormones while you sleep. If your sleep is lacking, your cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, and insulin all fall out of balance, which can affect your mood, stress levels, metabolism, and more! You need to tune-in with your circadian rythm, sleep 7-9 hours every day and get plenty of Deep and REM sleep.
- Movement: The right amount and kind of exercise can positively impact nearly every hormone. For those with hormone imbalance, intense extended exercise can actually make the problem worse in the short term so focus on walking, yoga. Make this a daily habit.
- Nutrition: It’s important to get plenty of healthy fats so your body has the raw materials to make any hormones it needs. We also need good quality protein which provides your body with amino acids that are used to produce specific hormones, like estrogen, insulin, and thyroid hormone. Go keto and reduce the refined carbs and sugar as they create chaos to your hormones.⠀
- Toxicity: Toxic chemicals found in pesticides, plastics, cleaners & beauty products contain hormone disrupting chemicals that can mimic hormones in our body and keep our body from producing real hormones. Be sure to cook in glass containers, non-coated metal pans (teflon is a no), buy organic produce when you can, make cleaner choices when it comes to your beauty products.⠀⠀
Following your cycle include on a daily basis
Do a checklist with the below items and remove as many as you can from your house.
A little quiz
How good are your foundations? Rate yourself! Score every category from 1 to 5 (1 is the worse and 5 the best).
How many points did you get? Let’s try to aim for the max (25) points. It will take time but stay commited and prioritize your well-being.