Nutrition Series 1
Intermmitent Fasting is at its best a healthy lifestyle which asks the human body
to be much more efficient and self-protective than it is accustomed to being in modern times
Week 2 - Snacking
You passed week 1!
In week 2, your journey continues, and you will continue your health guidelines from week 1 and will add a few more. We start with some minor tweaks, to prepare you for adapting your diet in the next weeks and to control hunger.
Be honest to yourself in what you eat and when you eat.
Don’t try to change too many habits in the first week but take it slow,
the Nutrition I series will guide you!
What to expect
It might be a challenge but over time it will become easier. Also we are still taking it slow, so you will be able to adjust gradually.
And as you will start losing weight, you will see this is one of the best motivators!!
- Keep a journal and spend 5 minutes each day to summarize your day and feelings by writing one short paragraph. It will help you put things in perspective, identify what your current habits are, and allow you to focus on your goals.
- Read every day for 10 minutes of the provided content.
- Track all your meals in Cronometer. This will allow us to review closely your eating habits and adjust accordingly.
Are you aware of?
How many meals do you have a day?
Are you feeling hungry when you have your first meal?
Do you snack because you are hungry or for other reasons?
Week 2 Objectives
- Try to have your first meal of the day 1 hour after waking-up. Don’t try to stretch it too much already, we will work towards longer fasts over time. Again, Rome wasn’t build in one day either! Some tips on how to achieve this weeks objective.
- Protein – In your eating window have 3 meals and at this point in time it is important not to reduce your calories but instead you should try to ensure you get the right amount of protein every day. Protein should be around 1 grams per kilogram of lean body mass and depending on the level of exercise done on that particular day.
- Drink a cup of coffee if you feel hungry in-between meals. It will boost your energy and supress hunger.
- Keep moving your mind off food, by staying away from the kitchen and moving around.
- Some healthy fats will also help you keep you satiated until your next meal.
- Before every meal drink a glass of water with little Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to trigger your digestive enzymes.
- Each meal should keep you going until the next one so eat until satisfied (but not full).
- Eat slowly and mindfully
Following articles we suggest you to read to get a better understanding to the weekly program
Preparation for week 3
Nothing to prepare for next week. Just enjoy the week come with a big smile!
Input and feedback week 2
Tracking your progress on a daily basis will keep you honest, and make you aware of your habits but also challenges.
We suggest you keep a journal, you have the choice how to do this, either by the booklet we provided or online in a spreadsheet. However we ask you to provide your feedback in your personal Google Sheets file, which is useful to have an overview and allows your coach to review your contributions before the weekly meeting. You can find the link to your personal sheet in your account page!