A Cologne favourite also know as Schavu, which very well suited during winter times. In this recipe the potatoes are substituted with celery, so you can enjoy the Keto friendly version.
- Servings : 6 Portions
- Time for preparation : 1 Hour
- 800g Celery Root
- 800g Savoy Cabbage
- 125g Bacon
- 400g Smoked Ham Sausage (Mettenden, usually 4 pieces)
- Two yellow onions (Medium / Small)
- 40g Concentrated Butter
- Salt, as desired
- Black Pepper, as desired
- Nutmeg, as desired
Nutrients per Portion
- Energy 625 Kcal
- Protein 16 g
- Net Carbs 12.8 g
- Fat 45 g
- Cut the celery and onions in small cubes and the Savoy cabbage in very thin slices. Set aside the celery and onions and but the cabbage in a bowl of water.
- Boil smoked ham sausages in a small pot with around 2.5 litres of water from about 10 minutes after the water starts boiling. Take out the sausages and put aside , cut them in 1 cm slices prior to step 7. Keep the water.
- Boil the celery in the sausage water until soft consistency. Set aside, and keep again the water.
- Take Savoy cabage out of the water and blanch for 10-12 mins.
- Fry the onions and bacon in the concentrated butter.
- Now add to the cabbage the cooked celery, sliced sausage, fried onions and bacon. Fill up with the kept Celery / Sausage Water. (Not to much, as we want to achieve a puree like consistency rather than a soup)
- Mix the ingredients, season with Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg as desired. Cook and stir for additional 10 minutes until firm and water evaporated to the satisfied puree consistency.