Having the right protein intake, paired with low carb keto friendly meals, can be quite fun. I have created a very tasty recipe, which is suitable as a lunch or dinner.
The recipe consists of a basis, of different vegetables, which are, except maybe for sweet potato, low in carbs. You can leave aside sweet potato as well and replace with celery for example. When using beef, make sure you are really using the right quality, which should be organic, grass fed and nothing else. I´m using a lot of organic extra virgin olive oil, which enables micro nutrients to unfold, via polyunsaturated fatty acids. You can as well mix some ingredients, i.e. add leek or spring onion (which are a bit higher in carbs).
- Servings : 4 Persons
- Time for preparation: 20 Minutes
- Cooking time ~20 Minutes.
~ 300 g – 1 Bulb fennel
100 g Button Mushrooms
140 g Carrot
240 g Sweet Potatoes
130 g Savoy Leaves
80 g Parsley Root
~ 160 g White, Yellow or Red Onion – 2 medium Onions
4 Cloves Garlic
1 dash Salt
1 dash Pepper Ground
6 tbsp Extra Native Olive Oil
2 ~ 20 cm branches of Rosemary
800 g Organic Grass-fed Beef, room temperature ~3 cm thick. 4 pieces.
Nutrients per Portion
Energy : 740 kcals
Protein : 48g
Net Carbs : 22.2g
Fat : 49g
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 200 Degrees Celsius, with the top grill turned on.
- Remove skin of Sweet Potatoes and Parsley Root, wash all vegetables and the Rosemary branch.
- Cut Onions into small cubes. Cut Mushrooms, Fennel, Garlic, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots and Parsley root into thin slices. Cut Savoy leaves in bigger squares.
- Add half of the Olive Oil into a large pan, soften the onions. Turn up heat and add first the Sweet Potatoes. After 3-4 minutes, add Carrots, Garlic, Mushrooms, Parsley Root and Rosemary cut into 4 pieces and roast for 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper as wished. Stir a couple of times. Add Savoy at the end and keep in the pan for 2 additional minutes.
- Add the roasted vegetables to a casserole dish and pour the rest of the olive oil over it. Then put in the oven´s upper shelf, close to the roasting grill.
- Clean the pan and heat to max temperature.
- Prepare the meat by using a drip of olive oil on one side, only put pepper on the side.
- Once pan is heated, put the steaks into the pan on the spiced side. Before turning the meat, put a drip of olive oil on the other side and again spice with pepper. The meat can be prepared as wished, I prefer medium rare, which is 2-3 minutes roasting each side.
- Turn temperature of the oven down to 100 Degrees Celsius. Keep the vegetables in the upper shelf.
- Wrap each roasted piece of meat into aluminum foil, resting it in the lower oven at around 100 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Take out meat and cut as wished, or serve as whole. Serve with the vegetables.
I hope you enjoy this meal and would like to hear some feedback on variants you cooked, or simply if you liked it.