Just a different and easy way of having your eggs to after your fast ends. This way is with having a guacamole style avocado-herbs salad and some bacon as well.
The amount of (healthy) fat as well as the kcal are considerable, you should keep this in mind as you most likely have more meals during the day!
- 2 free range eggs
- 3 thick slices of bacon (~50 gram)
- for the salad
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red chili pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 30 grams of coriander
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 red onion
- few tomatoes
- jalapeno peppers instead of red chili peppers
- olive oil
- Mix the eggs with some salt and pepper and set aside
- Heat the pan, cut 3 nice pieces of bacon, and fry them till done.
- Meanwhile peal the avocado and chop in chunks, then clean the chili pepper and spring onion and cut in small slices.
- Chop the coriander finely, squeeze the lime and take some zest of the skin.
- Mix avocado with lime juice and then mix with coriander, lime zest, chili and spring onion.
- When the bacon is done, take it from the pan, and in the bacon fat fry the omelet, and fold it .
It’s always nice to make your place looking nice before eating. Try to do it in a way that it’s worth taking a picture (and share with others). In This time I placed the omelet on one half of the plate, the salad on the other half, and added the bacon in the middle on top (see image). Worth a try!