Mussels, yet another superfood! In our search for nutritional density seafood are a very good source of nutrients. And lucky for us that there are some great keto recipes with Mussels!
Mussels are a very good source of omega 3 fats, high in protein, high source of B12 ( about 340% of the RDA, over 100% of daily selenium requirement, and approximately 275% of manganese requirement. Pretty impressive!
- Servings: 2
- Preparation time: 2 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 kg of mussels
- 2 long zucchini
- 1 onion and 1 garlic
- 1tbsp tomato paste
- Tomato juice
- Salt , Pepper, Thyme
- Parsley, Corriander, lemon zest
- Any other vegetables you may like , such as carrots, peppers etc.
- Optionally some white wine
Nutrients per servings
- Calories: 441 kcal
- Protein: 37g
- Carbs: 21g
- Fat: 21g
- Peel the zucchini with a peeler into thin slices and then with a knife into long stripes.
- Finely cut the onion and garlic.
- Wash the mussels.
- Brown the onions with some butter for a couple for of minutes and then add the garlic. Add salt, pepper and the tomato paste.
- Add the tomato juice, thyme, the mussels, some water and the wine if you choose to. Cover the pan and let the sauce simmer while the mussels cook. It should not take more that 5-10 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and butter in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle parmesan, parsley and some lemon zest.
- Be careful not to overcook the zucchini as they will release their water into the sauce.