Grandma´s Small Low Carb Cheesecakes
Having a sweet tooth from time to time, I set myself the challenge to refine my Grandma´s cheesecake recipe to a low carb version. After having baked a lot of bread and cake since starting my KetOntrack journey, I used all the gathered knowledge and was achieving on my third run the desired result.
I like the moist consistency and unobtrusive sweetness of these cheesecakes. Of course, you can add as well fruits, i.e. plums, which will then enlarge the carb profile due to fruit sugar naturally given.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Baking time: 25 minutes
1 Medium Egg, one Egg Yolk
60g Grinded almonds
1 tbsp. Carob Gum flour
30 g melted butter (not hot)
30g Xylite sugar
15g Erythrite powder sugar
1.5 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Heavy Cream 30%
100g curd or cream cheese, low fat
100g Crème fraiche
65g Erythrite powder sugar
10g xylite sugar
3 medium eggs, egg white left from the cake base
Lemon peel from one lemon
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
8g Instant vanilla sauce powder
Nutrients per Serving:
Calories: 230 kcal
- Mix the cake base ingredients in a mixer until creamy. Make sure it includes one egg and one egg yolk. Save the egg white for the filling.
- Prepare 6 molds, grease them with butter. Put a thin layer of batter into the molds and the inner sides of the molds.
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (Air Circulation Oven), 200 ° C (Normal electric oven).
- Separate the eggs and add egg yolk to the ingredients. Keep one egg yolk and cover with heavy cream in a small cup. Keep egg white in a separate container.
- Mix all the ingredients until creamy. Beat the egg white stiff and gently mix with the cream.
- Add the cream into the molds with the prepared batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. After 20 minutes, mix the heavy cream and the egg yolk left. Apply gently with a brush the cream and egg mix onto the cheesecakes. Finish baking in 5 minutes until browned.
- After cooling the cheesecakes, consume slightly warm or cold.
I hope you enjoy baking the cheesecake and it tastes as desired. Let me know if you like the recipe.
Thanks, Cee kay.