I was going through my fridge and found two eggplants forgotten…Had some bacon and cheese and the “pizza” bites came as an idea(probably i am not the first). So here is my version but i am sure you can add up to that. A really simple but delicious recipe which can also serve as a side dish.
- 1 eggplant cut in disks about 1 cm thick
- fresh tomato cut in disks
- bacon cut in small pieces
- Cheese of your choise grated
- Onions cut in disks
- Tomato sauce
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Servings : 1/2
- Preparation: none
- Cooking time : 20 minutes
Nutrition Facts(full recipe)
- Place the eggplant slices on a baking tray with parchment paper. Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Bake them for about 30-40 min.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in layers, tomato sauce, bacon, onion, fresh tomato and cheese. Bake them for another few minutes until the cheese get a nice color.
- You can also fry the eggplant without using any oil since it will soak it up
- Mozzarella is a great option!
- Using tomato sauce is optional but can add a lot of flavour to your pizza bites. Just add some basil to some freshly grated tomatoes and cook for a few minutes