Living the keto lifestyle with very low carb, but still healthy, ideally organic food, has become essential by now. I was craving some Mexican food and also a close to the real thing pizza lately. I had seen variants of an easy recipe to create a batter that can be used to create wraps, burritos, pizza or pancakes. I wanted to share this base recipe here, so creativity can commence on the variety of recipe´s this can be used with.
- Servings: 1 baking tray
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Baking time: 20 minutes
125g curd, quark or cream cheese, low fat
125g grated Mozzarella or Gouda cheese
4 small to medium size eggs
0.5 tsp Salt
Calories: 639 kcal
- Preheat oven to 175 °C (Air Circulation Oven), 200 ° C (Normal electric oven).
- Add the ingredients in a bowl, mix them with a fork. Then blend them smoothly with a (stick) blender, so that the cheese is not visible anymore and the batter is a fluid smooth mass.
- Pour the batter on a sheet of baking paper prepared on a baking tray. Spread a thin layer of batter.
- Put the baking tray in the oven. It needs to bake for around 20 minutes, check frequently, if there are bubbles popping up, pinch them with a fork, so the dough will remain flat.
- The dough is ready when it is slightly brown, it shouldn´t become too crispy and it shouldn´t be too long in the oven so that the fat from the cheese separates (You could see that it does, when the dough becomes sweaty).
- Take out from the oven and let it cool down for 5 mins. Peel it from the baking paper, so it can be used for further cooking right after.
Some ideas of what you can create with it:
I particularly like this dough, because it enables a lot of other recipe´s you can create with it. Sky is the limit on your creativity.
Let me know if you liked it and what dish you created with it.