Delicious cauliflower soup with Tachini
I used to avoid soups, but lately I found that are the best meal when breaking your fasting and can fill you up without the discomfort of a heavy stomach. I discovered this recipe recently and is turning to be one of my favourites! It is low carb, delicious and by adding some chicken for example you have a complete meal. Try it out!
- 1 medium Cauliflower cut in small pieces
- 1 small onion cut in small pieces
- 1 garlic glove
- 1 Tbls Sesame oil
- 1 Tbls Coconut oil
- 750 ml Vegetable broth
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 100 gr Parmesan grated
- 3 Tbls Tachini
- 1/2 of a lemon juice
- salt, pepper to taste
- Chives finely cut
- A few slices of bacon cooked to crisp
- In a pot, add the oils, onion, garlic and stir fry for a couple of minute of medium hit
- Add the broth, the cauliflower and boil for about 10-15 min.
- Now add the Tachini and blend it to become smouth. Add the heavy cream, the Parmesan, salt, pepper and stir again.
- Serve immediately and decorate with a sprinkle of Chives and Bacon.
- Boil the cauliflower as little as possible. Since we are blending the soup, it is nice to still feel a bit of crunchyness by the cauliflower
- It is better to prepare the chicken broth instead of buying it ready. All you need is chicken bones, water and some bay leaves. Leave it simmer for an hour and you have the perfect broth!