Starting your meals with a soup is a perfect gourmet way. Soup tend to be easy to digest and they are the perfect way to break a fast. In this case we are choosing one of the best keto friendly starches to make a delicious soup. Pumpkin or butternut squash.
I prefer butternut squash since it tends to be less sweet. And the options you have to make it are endless. You can had some bacon as we are doing here, cheese, coconut oil, cream or anything really you like. Try it out!
Pumpkin soup with bacon
- 1 Blender
- 0.5 pumpkin (or squash)
- 1 carrot
- 2 slices bacon thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curcumin
- Cut the pumpkin and corrot in thick peices
- Color them with some butter and curcumin for a couple of minutes
- Add the water and it boil
- Stir fry the bacon
- Blend the soup
- Add butter, salt lemon
- Serve and add the bacon on top
- Don't boil too much. 10 minute is perfectly fine
- Add some onions or any other spices you like
- Add some goat cheese when serving!