Serving a proper dessert that is keto friendly, doesn´t need to be a challenge. Making a mousse au chocolate in a low carb friendly version is as effort-less as the real thing. Try it out, you won´t be dissapointed. I like to add some light scent into the mousse by adding some chili powder to it. Just a tip or two of a butter knife, as desired.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
100g 90% Cocoa Dark Chocolate
50g Zero Sugar Lindt Full Milk Chocolate
50g Xucker Bitter Chocolate
40g Erythrit Sugar
10g Xylite Sugar
250ml Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Chili Powder (as desired)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 441 kcal
- Seperate the eggs, Egg whites and Cream need to be beaten to firm consistency. Put aside in the fridge.
- Mix the egg yolk and the Erythrit, Xylite and vanilla extract to a creamy consistency. Set aside.
- Prepare a hot water bath for the chocolate and butter and stir until the substance is creamy (make sure no water is findings it´s way to the chocolate, as then it becomes flaky and you need to start again). The chocolate should not become hot, but warm and melted. Add some chili powder, to have some extra kick in your mousse at the end.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the creamy egg yolk and sugar replacement batter quickly, continuously whisking, directly followed by the beaten egg whites and cream. Whisk until you have a good emulsified consistency.
- The mousse is good when you can´t see any particles.
- Put into the fridge at least for two hours before serving.
Mousse au chocolate is ideal to finish a proper dinner and can be served with some berries or chocolate shavings. Make sure you use high cocoa chocolate or non sugar added chocolate to serve the low carb profile purpose.