Lamb is my absolute favourite meat. It is almost by definition grass-fed and free range, it is pretty fat and it makes a geat soup.
- 500gr lamb chops
- 1 onion , 2 garlic clove
- Rosemary and 2 bay leaves
- plenty of fresh onions
- 500gr of lettuce or any other leafy green
- peels from 1 lemon
- 1lt water or chicken broth
- salt, pepper
For the creamy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt, pepper
- Some dill
- In a a deep pan, saute the lamb chops in some butter until the have a nice colour. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan saute the finely chopped onion and garlic for a few minutes. Mix in the lamb and add salt, pepper, rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Pour the water (or broth) into the pan until it cover 2/3 of the meat. Simmer for around an hour until the meat is soft and melts off the bones.
- Add the lettuce and let it cook for max 5-10 minutes. No need to over boil them.
- 5 minutes before it is done take the eggs and whisk them in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and dill.
- Now take a dipper and take some of the boiling water and slowly pour into the egg mix while whisking. Repeat 3 times. Intention is to cook the eggs but don’t make an omelet. Take the mix and pour back into the soup. Give it a few seconds to combine while moving around the pot and remove from the heat.
- Serve with some olive oil and some feta on the side!
- When adding the lettuce remember that this will release water, so it would be good at this point that there is not so much water. Of-course this depends on what type of consistency you want to achieve.