We all like sweets, and we should enjoy them once in a while. And when they are keto even better! I personally love lemons and I include them everywhere, so this keto lemon tart is my to go dessert.
It is super simple and needs very little preparation. Try it out!
- 1 tray
- 300 grams Almond flour
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 tsp Stevia
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Lemons for lemon juice and zest
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- Preheat the oven to around 165°C. Grease a tart pan with a removable bottom with 2 teaspoons of the melted butter. Set aside.
- Make the tart shell: In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, powdered sweetener, salt, and butter. Use a fork to mix and combine the ingredients into a crumbly dough.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared tart pan. Using fingers, a spoon, or the bottom of a dry measuring cup, firmly press the dough into the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides, making the thickness as even throughout as possible. Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust (this prevents it from bubbling up during baking).
- Bake the crust until the top and edges are light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes. Remove the tart crust from the pan and reserve.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon curd: Heat a small saucepan with 2-3 cm of water to barely simmering. In a medium heatproof bowl that fits over the rim of the saucepan but doesn’t touch the bottom, whisk together the eggs, egg yolk, powdered sweetener, zest and lemon juice, and ¼ tsp salt. Place over the saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously just until the mixture suddenly thickens. It needs around 5 minutes. Immediately, remove from heat and whisk in the softened butter. Gently whisk until the curd is creamy and smooth.
- Spoon the curd into the prepared crust, spreading it evenly. Refrigerate the tart for 1 hour.
- Slice and serve each piece with one strawberry.
- You can make the crust as thin or thick as you want. I prefer thin but the thicker the more biscuit and buttery the taste will be.
- It is important to use a fork and create holes in the crust.
- Don't be afraid of the process to create the curd. Just ensure that the water is simmering and not boiling.
- The more lemon you add, the tastier in my opinion!
- I don't add stevia by you can do so according to your taste. Just don't go over-board as we generally don't recommend sweeteners.
- Try adding some lemon zest on the top!