Keto Fruit Salad
When you want to have some carbs go for a fruit salad!
Fruit salads are refreshing and light on the stomach. They make even for a perfect meal if prepared properly. Even if, a lot of fruit is high sugar, we don’t need to be afraid of whole fruit in the context of a healthy diet. This fruit salad is mostly based on low carb fruit and can be enjoyed on a keto diet. It is made with berries, particularly, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. Berries are a popular choice amongst those looking to lower their carb intake. All berries have various health benefits and they don’t all provide the same vitamins and minerals. So, by throwing all of these different berries together in a fruit salad, you end up with a colourful, delicious, hearty bowl packed with goodness and a lot of nutrients. The berries will give you a boost of energy, especially on a hot Summer day, due to the vitamins and antioxidants they contain.
- 5 Strawberries
- 5 Blackberries
- 1 Kiwi
- 100 gr Heavy Cream
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- Cut all the fruit in small pieces
- Whip the heavy cream with the Zest and Lemon
- Mix in all the ingredients
- You can choose any fruit that you have available. Prefer local, seasonal, fresh and organic fruit when possible.
- Add some protein powder if you want to make it a full meal.
- You can change the consistency by adding some yogurt.
- My personal favourite yogurt these days is kefir, so I would definitely try this!
- You can also add some nuts or coconut, the options are endless.
My favourite fruits
- Raspberries – 7g fiber, 5g net carbs
- Blackberries – 5g fiber, 5g net carbs
- Strawberries – 2g fiber, 6g net carbs
- Blueberries – 2.4g fiber ,11.6g net carbs
- Kiwi – 3g fiber, 12g net carbs
- Apples – 4,4g fiber, 20g net carbs
- Banana – 3g fiber, 23g net carbs