Below you will find our answers and feedback to the most common questions we are receiving from you.
What is a keto diet?
A keto or ketogenic diet is a nutritional diet where the body uses fat instead of carbs as it’s main source of fuel.
- In the absense of carbs (or sugar) the body will break down either the dietery fat or it’s own fat to ketones and use that for energy. When the body creates ketones, we are then in a state of ketosis.
- A keto lifestyle has great health benefits as ketones are the preferred fuel for the body and the brain! Most people follow the keto lifestyle for the increased energy, clarity of mind and congitive function, better glucose and insulin levels and no cravings!
What is intermittent fasting?
Unfortunately many of us eat too often and we fail to get any of the benefits of intermittent fasting.
- Such benefits are increase of human-growth hormone, the state of autophagy and the metabolic flexibility.
- Digesting is a very energy consuming process for the body and up-to 60% of the body’s energy is diverted to digesting! This does not leave time to the body to relax, clean-up and detoxify, which only happens in a fasted state via a process called autophagy.
Everyone should include into their lifestyle periods of fasting, and ketOntrack will help you learn how!
Is a low-carb diet healthy?
- We all know that reducing sugar from our diet is very beneficial but what most people don’t know is that all carbs turn into sugar and most of them spike our insulin sky-high which in turn causes cravings and tiredness. In the long run the body can’t handle this roller-coaster and sugar levels get out of control.
- On the other hand increasing our healthy fat intake is very beneficial for the body since the body depends on them for many things. Fats like Omega-3 and Omega-6 are essential many body functions.
Will I lose the extra kilos?
If that is your goal absolutely yes!
- Although we believe in sustainable lifestyle habits and not into short-term diets, reaching your ideal body weight will be the result of becoming healthy. This is the only way to avoid the yo-yo effects that put so much stress to your body that once you lose the kilos you only gain it back.
- The pace of burning fat and losing the unwanted kilos is different for everyone. Depending on the issue you are facing such as insulin resistance, high cortisol levels, adrenal fatigue it might more time for your body to respond.
How long does it take to get back on track?
- You actually get back on track from the day you commit to change!
- However, some underlying issues such as insulin resistance, low HDL, hypothyroism, nutrient deficiencies can take months until they are completely addressed.
- And once you are on this journey you will find there are so many things that real health is about. You will be eager to deep dive into all of them!
- If you choose to follow the complete set of the ketOntrack series this is currently 30 weeks long.
Will I get a daily meal plan?
We hope that you will not need one!
- Our nutritional approach is based on eating until we are satisfied, that we get all our vitamins and minerals on a daily basis from a whole food diet and to create sustainable habits.
- We do not believe that following a specific calorie based plan will provide long-term benefits so we tend to avoid providing meal plan unless required. We will of-course suggest the best sources for macros and micros, and we will agree together what fits best your lifestyle.
- We do use a meal tracking app (cronometer.com) but with the purpose of understanding what is the level of nutrition.
Do you have any other questions? Get in contact!